2012, award image, awards, blog award, blogging, denial anger bargaining depression acceptance, emotional journey, emotions, experience, feminism, freedom, gratitude, heartbreak, honour, journey, Kubler-Ross model, Liebster Award, Life, love, realizations, relationships, stages of grief, writing
I initially started a blog to push myself to write about the one thing I’m very passionate about i.e. feminism. As fate would have it, my life took some very unexpected turns and brought me to a place where I instead ended up using this blog as a place to record my emotional journey after losing someone more important to me than life itself.
Most of my blog just contains posts about love and my experience as I go through the five stages of grief (Kübler-Ross model): denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. To my surprise, I’ve come across a lot of writers who share similar feelings regardless of the circumstances for their own heartbreaks. As I explored the blogger world, I came across others who in sharing their experiences and emotions helped me learn some things that I had so far failed to realize.
Sex in Miami is one of those wonderful bloggers. I’m honoured that you enjoy what I have to write. To find another who can understand what I’m going through makes me feel less alone so I’m grateful to you.
Okay so here are the Liebster rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you
- Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog
- Add the award image to your site.
I’m not sure if the blogs I’m nominating have less than 200 followers but they’re the ones I always read no matter what so here they are,
- A Ribbon Where She Dies – because she is where I was a year ago and her expression of it is heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time.
- Can I Keep You… – she writes about soulmates; and she writes about pain I had forgotten I felt …and sometimes, the pain that I still feel.
- LA Girl SECRET Diaries – the single life with the ups, the downs and the chase. Always a fun read!
- Maha Khalid – A fellow Pakistani blogger and a very smart woman especially for her Boots & Boys (they like to call themselves men) post which really opened my eyes. I realized something I’ve always seen yet never stopped to understand …about boys who like to call themselves men.
- Fruit loop Feminism – because she writes about feminism the way I believe it should be written.
Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and a special thanks to those who understand <3
Cheers to the brilliance that is human resilience and strength!
I am Catwoman. Hear me roar.